Controversial Pork and Beans, Q View's second cousin, once removed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wntrlnd

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
out on the western plain
After weeks and weeks of smoking every weekend, I've got a freezer full of flavor!   Smoked chicken, sausages, and more slices of fatties than you can shake a stick at!

So, these days I'm working on eating up some of that bounty.

Last time I smoked ribs I ended up with more than I could eat.  I didn't want to waste any of that tasty smoked pork, so I cut the meat off the bones and froze it. 

Last night I decided to make some beans and use the rib meat to flavor them.

Here's the rib meat:

81481f6f_IMG_2372.jpg

From watching a lot of food shows on TV, I know  any recipe will turn out better if you just put your ingredients in little glass bowls.

With onions, shallots, garlic, freshly ground sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, California chili powder. 

eb97c6fe_IMG_2375.jpg

So, I soaked some beans, that happened to be white:

7bffe9de_IMG_2379.jpg

And then added all the fixin's and threw them in the crock pot:

cf4bea07_IMG_2380.jpg

And then plated it up with some of my wife's delicious cornbread.

ff4d869e_IMG_2383.jpg

That right there is a bowl of deliciousness!

Hope you enjoyed the Q view once removed!

Thanks for looking in!

Hey Curly,

That do look good, do it not !!!

Just be careful you don't get mixed up, and put jelly beans in!

Wait a minute----Jelly Beans????
rolleyes.gif
  ---Nah forget it, too sweet!

Bear

Quote:
Hey Curly,

That do look good, do it not !!!

Just be careful you don't get mixed up, and put jelly beans in!

Wait a minute----Jelly Beans????
rolleyes.gif
  ---Nah forget it, too sweet!

Bear

LOL, Bear!  Some of the funniest Stooges scenes were with Curly in the kitchen!  (Separate two eggs!)

Thanks for the compliment, my friend!
YUM!  That's some beautiful comfort food right there. 
Thank you very much, BarbeQueen!  It was cold and rainy here last night, and these beans were just exactly that: comforting!

icon_cool.gif

The beans look fabulous andI couyld use some of them about now. It's about 40* outside and I'm warm and cozy all snouggled up watching the football that they get up here in New York area.

icon_cool.gif

The beans look fabulous andI couyld use some of them about now. It's about 40* outside and I'm warm and cozy all snouggled up watching the football that they get up here in New York area.
Thanks, Mark!  Forty degrees?  Dang!    That's just wrong! 

alright dude! Goin all Steven Raichlen with the little bowls. I wish I could afford all his toys and crazy ingredients.
Thanks, buddy!!  Yup, the secret's in those little bowls!  lol!

Speaking of toys, my A-Maze-N smoker should be here any day now!  Evidently Santa isn't checking his list all that closely this year!  Woohoo!

That looks super!! The cornbread put it over the top for me! Me being from the south, you gotta have the cornbread!! 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Damn straight, raptor700!  I could eat cornbread every day. I love the stuff,  And beans without cornbread?  Unthinkable!

Thanks for the comment, bro!

That looks darn good, now to go watch blazing saddles.
icon_lol.gif
 Seriously that looks great with the corn bread.
LMAO, meateater!  That beans scene around the campfire is classic! 

Great movie, great cast, thanks for the reminder of a great scene!

And thanks for the comment, too! 
icon_cool.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky