Considered A Novice

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by valentiners, May 19, 2008.

1. My Name is Rey. I am retired and live in Livermore, CA. I have tried a lot of smokin devices, startingt with a "Little Chef" 35 years ago a Brinkman Electric, Brinkman Charcoal, a Kamado Cooker and last year got a vertical gas smoker. Since retirement I foud some time and have started to build a BDS type smoker. I can hardly wait to finish it. I need to find a source for expanded metal locally to finish the fire box. Looking forward trying new recipes and finding the best brew to go with each one.

2. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Rey - welcome to the SMF! This is a really great place that has a good showing of people that have built their own smokers.

If you're interested here's a link to a recent post by Teeotee regarding where to get some metal shipped, at a reasonable price (it sounds!).

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...threadid=17239

Good luck and happy smokes!

3. Thanks for the tip.

4. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard............Glad to have you here..............And nice to meet you...............

5. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome V. Post us a pic of ur smoker sometime. Good luck w the smokes.

6. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hello Rey, thanks for joining the SMF. Always nice to see someone else from Cal. Good luck on that smoker project, post some pics.