Congratulations to the December 2018 Class

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
8C6FEAA4-A579-4424-8F6B-D856B2DA9041.jpeg
And who might these new faces be? Rustlers, Cut-throats, murders, bounty hunters, desperados, pugs, mugs, thugs, half-wits, nitwits, dimwits, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, vipers, snipers, muggers, buggerers, bank robbers, train robbers, horse thieves, horn swagglers, bush whackers, ass kickers, tin horns, shitkickers, Methodists and members of the OTBS!

Welcome to you all!

And who might these new faces be? Rustlers, Cut-throats, murders, bounty hunters, desperados, pugs, mugs, thugs, half-wits, nitwits, dimwits, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, vipers, snipers, muggers, buggerers, bank robbers, train robbers, horse thieves, horn swagglers, bush whackers, ass kickers, tin horns, shitkickers, Methodists and members of the OTBS!

Welcome to you all!
...and Coonasses!!;)

Ok. The party is over and my head is hurting LOL. In the back of my mind I had a concern of just what my responsibilities are as a member of OTBS. I am huge fan of finding supporting documentation for my ideas and happened to find a good cite from none other than our founder and this really helps me understand and maybe it will help other new members of the OTBS: (I bolded the part that I feel is important)
TulsaJeff

Self-proclaimed Fire Poker, Pitmaster, and Smoke Whisperer

Admin

2,242 Posts. Joined 6/2005

As the forum owner, I feel personally responsible for the information that is given out especially to the new folks who are looking for answers.

Most things written on this forum are taken as personal opinions and no one has a problem with that. We all have our opinions.

However, we will not be slinging personal opinions around when it comes to the topic of food safety.

I have always tried to stay well versed in food safety and as such, have decided a long time ago that the USDA is an authority on how to cook food and keep it safe for your friends and family.

(Never thought I would say that about a government agency!)PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

The SMF will hold to the USDA regulations with no deviation. These things need no discussion in my opinion.

I expect OTBS members as well as other seasoned members to make it clear as to what the SMF recommends based on the USDA documentation.

I will be instructing the mods to edit/delete/lock whatever is necessary to make sure that incorrect information is not being given out.

I am not asking you to agree.. just know that this is how it will be handled here.

Most of you may not realize just how far reaching our forum posts are..

I have seen posts less than 20 minutes old show up in Google searches. Google indexes our forum on a constant basis due to it's dynamic nature.

This means that people we don't even see are finding the posts in bits and pieces and I need for these pieces to be as correct as possible.

I can only hope that they will come on over and read the whole thread but there is no guarantee that they will.

Do your part in keeping everyone safe per the USDA recommendations and if you want to take risks at your own home then feel free to do so.. just don't advise that here.

I appreciate EVERYONE'S cooperation in this matterPDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thank you so much for the honor! Life has been crazy lately and haven't been on much but I have still been cooking! I learned so much from the previously named OTBS members that I can't even believe I am considered in the same class. Thank you again and congrats to all the other members!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky