Confused New guy.. Help... been reading for a cpl of days

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schafflerusafok

Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
Im new to this... Just bought my first smoker (40in masterbuilt bluetooth) yesterday and have ribs in as i type..... Everyone keeps talking about AMNPS and another acronym.. What is it wat does it do? Im confused and lost... Lol sorry. Is it something i just throw inside smoker on a rack or do i have to rig something up? Help please...

AMPNS is a handy devise to increase smoke in your cooker.  For more info scroll down to the bottom of page and click on the Amaze-n-smoker logo.  For other questions use the search bar at the top of the page.  There are threads about acronyms, they might help.  There is a language all its own around here, but the more you read the easier it gets.  Hope this helps, and it never hurts to ask.

Welcome to the group!  Jasper has you covered, no need to be confused around here.  All you have to do is ask.

Mike

Hello and welcome to you.

It is all very confusing and overwhelming at first, isn't it.

Do some reading and follow Jasper's advice and you'll

be on top of it in just a little while.

Lots of folks on here with with huge amounts of experience.

They will all try to help with any problems you might have.

Stay calm and smoke on.

Ed

Im new to this... Just bought my first smoker (40in masterbuilt bluetooth) yesterday and have ribs in as i type..... Everyone keeps talking about AMNPS and another acronym.. What is it wat does it do? Im confused and lost... Lol sorry. Is it something i just throw inside smoker on a rack or do i have to rig something up? Help please...

I am a newbie as well. I have a 40" MES BT like you. I learned about the AMNPS on this forum and bought one because of all the rave reviews for it with this smoker. Our smoker you need to load wood chips every hour. Or, with AMNPS 5X8 tray you can fill with wood pellets to smoke up to 12 hours with no re-loading. Each row will give you about 3 hrs of smoking.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another cloudy and soggy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky