Confined Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JOHN CLOW

Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
La Ceiba, Honduras
Well. Here in Honduras the boarders are closed, confined to our homes except in an emergency so doing a little experimenting. Last week a bought about the only cut of brisket (pecho) that can be bought in a local grocery store. It’s just over 2 lbs. I’ve got a new set up with my Weber that I’m sure many others have done with success. But it’s new fo me.
As you can tell I can’t post a picture right either.

Attachments

• 5E83B27E-4579-41FC-A0E1-C2986DD7354B.jpeg
    5E83B27E-4579-41FC-A0E1-C2986DD7354B.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 53
Well. Here in Honduras the boarders are closed, confined to our homes except in an emergency so doing a little experimenting. Last week a bought about the only cut of brisket (pecho) that can be bought in a local grocery store. It’s just over 2 lbs. I’ve got a new set up with my Weber that I’m sure many others have done with success. But it’s new fo me.
As you can tell I can’t post a picture right either.
Your pics are fine. Your Weber looks too new :-) and the chow looks good!
Keep it up!

Because of it's small size, I'd get that guy wrapped with some beefy broth, or some beer and let it braise itself tender.
Small and no fat is about all I can get here local. I’m trying to exp
Your pics are fine. Your Weber looks too new :-) and the chow looks good!
Keep it up!
thanks. The climate here is harsh and I try to keep it clean. I’ve only had it for about three years

thanks. The climate here is harsh and I try to keep it clean. I’ve only had it for about three years
It'll last you forever. Dad gave me one for my birthday in '97. The wood handles gave out years ago and the legs are held together with gaffer's tape but it still cooks like a dream :-)

John,
Is the charcoal under the Amazen tube or under the meat drip pan? or both?
This was the setup. The heat shield is an aluminum tortilla cooker they sell here. I just cut off the section with the handle for the flat edge you see. I snaked the charcoal two deep and two high all the way around from one sid if the flat edge to the other. I got almost 7 hrs out of it. I did have some trouble with the smoke tube going out a couple of times.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

3 Years!!!-----Looks more like 3 days!!
Nice Job!
All Look Great !
Like.

Bear

Reactions: JOHN CLOW
Looks great, but a little lean for my taste. Not your fault and hopefully you like it lean. I'm a moist brisket kind of guy, but you gotta play with the cards you're dealt. At least you're able to get a brisket.

Reactions: JOHN CLOW
Looks great, but a little lean for my taste. Not your fault and hopefully you like it lean. I'm a moist brisket kind of guy, but you gotta play with the cards you're dealt. At least you're able to get a brisket.
i like it with fat. I've been trying to be creative....butter, lots of butter, take extra fat from a different cut of meat and slice it into the brisket, bacon on top, etc. some of them have worked ok it just no the same. I noticed your in Austin. City Limits?? Outside? I'm originally from Clute, TX down south of Houston and grew up stomping all over East Texas. My wife is currently 'stuck' in Georgetown because they closed everything down and she couldn't get home. My daughter is in Belton at UMHB and my son (currently there with my wife) is attending LeTourneau in Longview. I was weaned on Texas brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky