• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Compressor issues

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

sandyut

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
8,394
Reaction score
7,376
Location
Colorado
My old Craftsman two gallon compressor leaks to zero overnight. ive messed with it and cant locate the leak...about done with it. Ive had it for decades and its generally just been ok, but leaked its whole life with nothing attached.

I cant find a big selection of smaller compressors, so maybe its time for a 6 gallon of where the selection is much larger. All I use it for is bike and truck tires and blowing stuff.

Any recommendations or "stay away from" suggestions? I would rather not drop a ton of money into it. Found this one
 
My old Craftsman two gallon compressor leaks to zero overnight. ive messed with it and cant locate the leak...about done with it. Ive had it for decades and its generally just been ok, but leaked its whole life with nothing attached.

I cant find a big selection of smaller compressors, so maybe its time for a 6 gallon of where the selection is much larger. All I use it for is bike and truck tires and blowing stuff.

Any recommendations or "stay away from" suggestions? I would rather not drop a ton of money into it. Found this one
I bought this one a few weeks ago. So far. I really like it. Not too noisy. And not very heavy.

 
I showed my Dad my cheap Ryobi battery inflator and he was blown away and asked Santa for one. Each line has one I bet. Some have a legit battery powered compressors.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...Pressure-Inflator-Tool-Only-PCL001B/327406129
I have the hp1 . It came in as a bundle with a 5 and 2 amp/hour batteries and charger. The 5 amp hour battery was worth it because I can use it with the miter saw. And pole scrubber.
The compressor was a bonus.

I have the Milwaukee 18 volt fuel compressor that is a beast.
 
Last edited:
Does scrubber work as good as I think? Me want. Have you seen the "jam boxes" they are selling now?!
 
Does scrubber work as good as I think? Me want. Have you seen the "jam boxes" they are selling now?!
I ran it. But haven't used it yet. I also got the larger brush for it. Seems like it'll be a great time saver. Jam boxes? You have a link?
 
Now im torn, I like the battery operated inflator idea. Very handy and no hose stretched out across the garage. Might look into those and keep the POS compressor when I need to use the air blower - which is kinda rare.
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky