Communicating in Movie Quotes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
"It's got electrolytes!"
Idiocracy! I think that’s considered a documentary now?

bauchjw bauchjw not all movies .
" put your foot on the ladies thumb " Is from an episode of leave it to beaver . I have a buddy that over thinks everything to the point he just stands there and looks at what he's doing . So that's what I say to him .
Same guy is also a close talker . So " Get of mine lawn " or " spread out " . Grand Torino and 3 stooges .
" Makes you home sick " comes from Kelly's heroes too . After crapgame gets blown up in the out house . They all smell . Cowboy says that to his buddy . So when we smell something bad , that's what gets said .
That’s awesome! Oh that made me chuckle, I can think of a few friends that fits perfectly! I did watch Leave it to beaver reruns and 3 stooges when I was a kid, but don’t really remember quotes. I thought the lawn was from Grand Tarino, but I think there was some other slurs in there as he raised his M1? Great quotes!

A couple from my favorite movie:

"Push the button, Harold."
"Barkeep...the same again. And this time make sure the glasses are decently chilled."
1965 comedy called How to Murder Your Wife. Starred Jack Lemmon, Virna Lisi, Terry-Thomas, and Eddie Mayhoff. I rewatch this at least 4 times a year; it has a fantastic courtroom scene at the end.

" Gentlemen, I address you not as judge and jury, but as a fellow American male. The crime that you have just seen Harold Lampson commit in his imagination I have been accused of committing in reality. Too long has the American man allowed himself to be bullied, coddled, and mothered, and tyrannized, and in general meant to feel like a feeble-minded idiot by the female of the species. Do you realize the power that you have in your hand here today? If one man - just one man - can stick his wife in the goop from the gloppitta-gloppitta machine, and get away with it! Whoa-ho-ho, boy, we've got it made. We have got it made. All of us."

“It’s 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a carton of cigarette, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses. Hit it.”
Blues Brothers, the original. One of the funniest movies ever. Seen it so many times. It's one of those movies that whenever I see it is on, I stop and watch it every time. I think it's half a Pack of cigarettes, I could be wrong.

I couldn’t remember if it was pack or carton. Suppose I could look it up.😂 Switched to make it right.
I'm not 100% sure either, but I can hear Dan Aykroyd saying it. Either way it's funny.
I love that movie, but it always makes me want to smoke and I quit over 20 years ago!
“I hate Illinois Nazis”

In 1980 I had the rare chance to see the Blues Brothers, may have been summer 81. On the only tour they ever did with Belushi and Aykroyd and the members of the Band from the Movie. They did a small tour behind the Movie, and my 2 older Brothers and I got to see them in Philadelphia. I'll never for get it. One of the best and rarest concerts in my life. Then around 2000 we saw the version of them with Aykroyd and Jim Belushi taking John's place. It was behind the Blues Brothers 2000 movie. They were still very good.

I saw that they were still doing it on a reality tv show with Jim Balushi about his Marijuana farm. I’d pay to see it. I saw Spinal Tap in concert in LA about 15 years ago. It was a blast!

For a while they were also using John Goodman from The Connors.
You've seen Spinal Tap? That must've been great. Even though they started out as a spoof, they took it very seriously, and were mostly excellent musicians.

Yes! John Goodman would be incredible to see too! I saw Spinal Tap in LA, I don’t think they were touring, it was more just a show they put on for a few months. They did it with a lot of the movie bits, like “Stonehenge” with the dancing little people. The drummer even died at the end. They sounded great, it was like a real concert, but laughed out asses off through the whole thing. It was great!

Here's a couple Easy ones!!

“I yam what I yam, and that’s all what I yam”

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today”

Bear

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky