• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

commodity Beef and/or Pork

RickNess

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 8, 2017
I was looking at the Costco business site (I have one near my house) and they rate meat prime, choice, etc., but then they also have "commodity beef"...does anyone know the quality of this meat?

daspyknows

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 9, 2020
I have had had good results with their prime briskets. For a treat I will go the Wagyu or grass fed route but it is 3 times the price.

GonnaSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 19, 2018
I have had had good results with their prime briskets. For a treat I will go the Wagyu or grass fed route but it is 3 times the price.
I have a Sam's membership and buy their prime brisket, I'm sure it's the same beef supplied by similar farms, and I've been happy with the results, as well. As a matter of fact, I've got one that's been wet aging for 5 weeks and will go on my smoker this weekend. The Sam's where I shop does not have any Wagyu options except for burger....

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Costco Prime is pretty good. the last couple briskets I made were Kroger on sale for $1.99/lb. to be honest - I didn't notice much difference - except the price.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.