Commercially available rubs to use on a large charitable smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

virginiasmokesignal

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Grundy, Virginia
I use a lot of Jeff's rub for my own and family smokes. I have agreed to help my brother and some men from his church do a large pork butt smoke for charity. My brother and I are the only two who have experience smoking. I need to find a good commercially available rub to use to do on a large number of pork butts, probably around 20 or so. Any suggestions sure would be appreciated.

The two I like best are Mad Hunky Meats, General Purpose Rub and McCormick Grill Mates Pork Rub.
Good luck with your smoke Barry

The two I like best are Mad Hunky Meats, General Purpose Rub and McCormick Grill Mates Pork Rub.
Good luck with your smoke Barry
Thanks danmcg, appreciate it, I have been out of smoking for almost 5 years with 3 heart attacks, 4 bypasses and the amputation of my left leg below the knee. I have missed SMF and am just now learning the new way things work here on the web site. I had looked at our local grocery store but did not see anything new or anything I had not tried but that store does not carry a large selection of rubs. With doing so many butts I was looking for maybe a rub I could buy in bulk from Amazon or somewhere that would do a good job yet be a little less expensive than some of the ones I have used in the past. Just trying to save those folks a few bucks. Again thanks so much danmcg.

talk to Rich the mad hunky, he does bulk 1.5 bags. he also has a Sweet Heat mix that's awesome but might not work with a church group. if ya do call tell him I sent ya!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky