Coleslaw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnewalleye

Original poster
Nov 18, 2015
I just returned from a trip to Vegas and had the best brisket sandwich at Gilles restaurant. It came with a jicama slaw. Been trying to find a recipe with no luck. Possibly a citrus and oil.Anyone tried this.

Reactions: negolien
I've gotta confess that I am really lazy as far as slaw goes. Always make it for pulled pork sandwiches, (North Carolina, you see), but all i do is buy a bag of slaw mix, mix in a little mayo and a pinch of salt, and done.

Edit; I forgot the sugar. I add a generous pinch of it.

I don't often eat slaw as a side. If I did I'd probably work up a recipe. It doesn't have to be fancy to go with P.P. on a bun. :emoji_sunglasses:

Last edited:
There's a lot of recipes floating out there. And they seem to be about the same. Though, I've never heard of a Jicama before. I'd try it if I could get that.

3 tablespoons lime juice

1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar

1 teaspoon sugar

6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

1 1/2 cups peeled, julienned jicama

1 cup, peeled, julienned carrots

1 cup shredded napa cabbage

1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion

1 cup julienned English cucumber

1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper

1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped

Don't know if this is accurate. Sounds good though!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky