Coleslaw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnewalleye

Original poster
Nov 18, 2015
I just returned from a trip to Vegas and had the best brisket sandwich at Gilles restaurant. It came with a jicama slaw. Been trying to find a recipe with no luck. Possibly a citrus and oil.Anyone tried this.

Reactions: negolien
I've gotta confess that I am really lazy as far as slaw goes. Always make it for pulled pork sandwiches, (North Carolina, you see), but all i do is buy a bag of slaw mix, mix in a little mayo and a pinch of salt, and done.

Edit; I forgot the sugar. I add a generous pinch of it.

I don't often eat slaw as a side. If I did I'd probably work up a recipe. It doesn't have to be fancy to go with P.P. on a bun. :emoji_sunglasses:

Last edited:
There's a lot of recipes floating out there. And they seem to be about the same. Though, I've never heard of a Jicama before. I'd try it if I could get that.

3 tablespoons lime juice

1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar

1 teaspoon sugar

6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

1 1/2 cups peeled, julienned jicama

1 cup, peeled, julienned carrots

1 cup shredded napa cabbage

1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion

1 cup julienned English cucumber

1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper

1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped

Don't know if this is accurate. Sounds good though!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky