Cold Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

larry234

Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
Morning

So this is my initial attempt at posting on almost any forum.  As the title says I have have been smoking Cheese for about a year now and it turns out great.

But let's back up a bit

I live Calgary, Alberta and bought a Masterbuilt 800  electric smoker.  I use to have an old tin box where the heat and smoke was totally based on the air temperature and the wind.  To warm outside - to much heat inside, to windy and the neighbors benefited from the smoke (I think although no one really said to much....)

This Masterbuilt is a great unit and I purchased a Cold Smoke adaptor for it.

I have been smoking a variety of cheese's over the past couple of months and LOVE it.

I find it interesting though that once the cheese has been smoked (using Alder or Apple chips for about 2 hours only) I wrap the cheese up tightly in Saran wrap and put it in the fridge and even 3 months later it is as fresh as the day I smoked it.

Anyhow, I am getting very good at cheese.

My second favorite is stuffed fish - all kinds of fish using a range of stuffing from bread to rice, but we can get into that later.

Anyhow, thanks for letting me ramble.

Have a great day and stay out of the smoke.............

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cloudy and cool day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

welcome to the forum,i see your from Calgary i have family there,so i guess you can't be that bad,only kidding,like the others said lot's of great people here that are more than willing help with any questions you might have. good luck

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky