Cold smoking temp help ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Spenc123420

Original poster
Dec 28, 2017
Can anyone help me with cold smoking. What is the right temps to do this an humidity temp thats good i read around 40f is good an anything hight from 40 an between 120f is the danger zone. Then i read that you want to cold smoke between 60 an 80f. Can anyone help me with temps?? Right now i have venison bologna it is hanging in smokehouse i used #2 anthonys cure salt with the other spices in the meat an is 40f in the smokehouse with humidity around 75. Any help would be great thanks

Sorry, Spenc I just saw this thread. I'm not a cold smoking meat type, but if you haven't started yet I would suggest you put this in the sausage forum. You'll probably get a few responses. There are quite a few folks on this forum who - use venison for sausage, and some who have probably made bologna with it. They will be more then willing to help. Anyway at least I bumped your thread so someone may see it.

Chris

I'm not sure where you got your recipe at, but when I make bologna & use cure #1 & smoke it to an IT of 152.
It sounds like you have 2 different recipes going on at the same time, one a dry cure using cure#2 & one a regular cure using cure #1. Can you post your recipe & instructions?
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky