Cold Smoking MES230g and Tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lanchingmaa

Original poster
Oct 23, 2018
I have a smoke tube which is similar to the AMAZE smoker but it’s smaller and lasted less time. Why can’t I use these inside the MES smokers? Does this generate too much heat?

You certainly can use it inside your MES. The main reason that the mailbox mod was created was to be able to keep the pellets burning easier & to give the smoke a chance to get cleaner before it hits the meat.
Al

I have a smoke tube which is similar to the AMAZE smoker but it’s smaller and lasted less time. Why can’t I use these inside the MES smokers? Does this generate too much heat?
I'm my experience it gives off a lot of heat. You will have to open the vent all the way and remove the chip tray to keep the pellets smoking. You may also have to crack the door a little to keep temp down.

Last edited:
You certainly can use it inside your MES. The main reason that the mailbox mod was created was to be able to keep the pellets burning easier & to give the smoke a chance to get cleaner before it hits the meat.
Al
I'm news to this sithttp://post.spmailtechno.com/f/a/EUdRUp_xH1dUfZW9mTBMlA~~/AAMa6AA~/RgRdwjTyP0RWaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc21va2luZ21lYXRmb3J1bXMuY29tL2FjY291bnQtY29uZmlybWF0aW9uLzIxMTc3My9lbWFpbD9jPUZfU0lOZUNOSm85UEJPdVVXA3NwY0IKAAByAeFbJrrYWFIUc2FpbGVyNTM3M0BnbWFpbC5jb21YBAAAAAA~e w
Al

What is the "mailbox mod"?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky