Cold Smoked taco salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Last major cold snap I took advantage of the cold and cold smoked some raw meats for use later. I cold smoked a couple chuck roasts, some pork shops and 4 t-bone steaks. I used my AmazeN expando smoke tube with cherry and pecan. Smoked for 4 hours total. Out door temp 20°f. Pit temp through out the smoke was 36°f-38°f. I ground one chuck roast Vac packed everything and froze. Pulled out a pound of the ground chuck the other day and made taco salads.

We make our own taco bowls. Pretty simple to do. Pre-heat your oven to 375°f . Pick your favorite tortilla, brush both sides with vegetable oil. Season both sides with what every you like on tacos. We use pyrex bowls but you can use any oven safe bowl for this. Invert bowl and place on baking sheet. carefully wrap tortilla over upside down bowl. Wrap double layer of foil over tortilla. Turn over and place right side up on baking sheet.
Bake for 5-8 minutes. Using tongs carefully remove bowl. Continue to bake until golden brown. Sometimes you need to remove from foil and invert tortilla bowl to crisp bottom. Remove and allow to cool. Tortilla will crisp up more as it cools so don't over cook.

Took the cold smoked ground chuck and mixed with homemade tacos seasoning, small can of diced hatch chili and 1/2 of a diced onion. Cook until meat is done and onions are soft.
Salad, beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa. Wish we'd have avocado but they've looked horrible at the stores lately.

50831355508_4834203d89_c.jpg

50806627043_4c95c70275_c.jpg

Thats my kind of salad! Looks delicious! I love cold smoking meats in the winter months. We do a lot of roasts for crock pot meals.

Looks awesome Case, that’s the type of salad I could have everyday. I bet the cold smoked beef takes it over the top.

Looks awesome Case, that’s the type of salad I could have everyday. I bet the cold smoked beef takes it over the top.
Thank you! It's one of our favorites to make and there's so many options you can use. Pulled pork, buffalo chicken, shrimp, all favorite topping around our house.

Get in my belly!!! Looks great!! I love any kind of taco related meal. The cold smoked meat I bet really kicks it up a notch.

Get in my belly!!! Looks great!! I love any kind of taco related meal. The cold smoked meat I bet really kicks it up a notch.
It does. Especially when you forgot your smoked something. This I knew was smoked but there’s been a few times where I’m like, wow that’s nice!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky