• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cold Smoked taco salad

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Last major cold snap I took advantage of the cold and cold smoked some raw meats for use later. I cold smoked a couple chuck roasts, some pork shops and 4 t-bone steaks. I used my AmazeN expando smoke tube with cherry and pecan. Smoked for 4 hours total. Out door temp 20°f. Pit temp through out the smoke was 36°f-38°f. I ground one chuck roast Vac packed everything and froze. Pulled out a pound of the ground chuck the other day and made taco salads.

We make our own taco bowls. Pretty simple to do. Pre-heat your oven to 375°f . Pick your favorite tortilla, brush both sides with vegetable oil. Season both sides with what every you like on tacos. We use pyrex bowls but you can use any oven safe bowl for this. Invert bowl and place on baking sheet. carefully wrap tortilla over upside down bowl. Wrap double layer of foil over tortilla. Turn over and place right side up on baking sheet.
Bake for 5-8 minutes. Using tongs carefully remove bowl. Continue to bake until golden brown. Sometimes you need to remove from foil and invert tortilla bowl to crisp bottom. Remove and allow to cool. Tortilla will crisp up more as it cools so don't over cook.

Took the cold smoked ground chuck and mixed with homemade tacos seasoning, small can of diced hatch chili and 1/2 of a diced onion. Cook until meat is done and onions are soft.
Salad, beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa. Wish we'd have avocado but they've looked horrible at the stores lately.

50831355508_4834203d89_c.jpg

50806627043_4c95c70275_c.jpg

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Thats my kind of salad! Looks delicious! I love cold smoking meats in the winter months. We do a lot of roasts for crock pot meals.

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Man that looks so good. Wish I had one right now lol

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Looks awesome Case, that’s the type of salad I could have everyday. I bet the cold smoked beef takes it over the top.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Looks awesome Case, that’s the type of salad I could have everyday. I bet the cold smoked beef takes it over the top.
Thank you! It's one of our favorites to make and there's so many options you can use. Pulled pork, buffalo chicken, shrimp, all favorite topping around our house.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice love taco salad.

Warren

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Get in my belly!!! Looks great!! I love any kind of taco related meal. The cold smoked meat I bet really kicks it up a notch.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Get in my belly!!! Looks great!! I love any kind of taco related meal. The cold smoked meat I bet really kicks it up a notch.
It does. Especially when you forgot your smoked something. This I knew was smoked but there’s been a few times where I’m like, wow that’s nice!

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Looks tasty Case, one of them and a cold one or two... I’d be a happy!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.