• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cold smoke over hot smoke

adam howison

Joined Jan 25, 2014
Hi smokers...

Just wondering is it possible to cold smoke cured pork with ice in a gas smoker... I'm keen to try this method to try & get a more woody taste into the pork more.

Cheers Ace

alblancher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 6, 2009
Hello Ace

Why do you want to use the gas smoker at all?

All you need is a place to hang the meat and a smoke source.  You can get smoke from a dish of sawdust or fine shavings placed in a pan with a clean soldering iron.  Cover with foil to prevent a fire.  Even better pickup an Amazin smoker.

Only thing you are looking for is the smoke, the heat will come later when you cook the meat.  I find when cold smoking a bit of white smoke isn't that bad.  Look around on this site for ideas to build a smoke generator,  there's lots of them available

Good luck and don't forget the Qview

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h1]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.