Cold smoke in cold Virginia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

IrishPrince

Original poster
Dec 26, 2017
Fairfax, VA
Last year I used this setup with really good success. This year I've got an assortment of cheeses as well as some shelled pistachio nuts from Costco. I use the AMNPS in my mailbox connected to a dryer hose finally to a raised Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM). My hack works really well.

Temps outside are in the 30s today. I suppose I could have put the AMNPS in the bottom of the WSM but it makes it easy to get to in the mailbox if I have to relight the pellets.
-IP

Looks great! What wood?
I would suggest you wrap the mailbox around counter clockwise so it's around nearer the steps.
It doesn't have to be straight-lined.
How I do'd it.
Mine runs ~ 70 degrees. (Ambient at the time, then cooler because I was smoking at night.)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky