Cold day for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The bark is amazing. I impressed myself. Sorry no brew pics. Kind of forgot to take any. Now I have two clean bones and a big pile of first class PP.
IMG_20190126_201351182.jpg

Nice looking PP and good bark! We are firmly in the bark cannot be too dark camp. I do an overnight pellicle to kick it up into "black meteorite" territory LOL.

The MES continues to impress me how well it does in the winter. I am smoking all the time now.

Nice job! Mine came out fine, too, despite the cold. I was surprised how much wrapping in foil reduced the time to finish. And while the meat came out really moist and tender, the bark wasn’t quite as good as when unwrapped. I like the bark nice and dark like yours was.

Anyway, nice job for an Arctic smoke!

Thanks. I agree wrapping speeds things up but my daughter gives me the stink eye if I talk about wrapping. Girl likes her some bark!

Nice looking PP Jared, I'm getting to old to smoke in these colder temps., and man has it been cold around here.

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky