Cobb salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I’ll throw this in the griddle section since I used the Blackstone for the bacon and chicken. Salad usually does not do much for me as a main course lol. I do however love a good Cobb salad and have been craving one for awhile. This one is a blend of butter lettuce and arugula, southwest seasoned chicken breast strips, garden fresh heirloom tomatoes, red onion , avocado , eggs and finally a blue cheese dressing with an awesome piece of Wildfire bleu cheese. The dressing was Sam’s Club awesome blue cheese dressed up with the Wildfire chunk. Wildfire is a buttery blue cheese with bits of chili pepper in it. My wife and I both love it. This hit the spot for both me and my wife.
D90B0789-3D46-4DC4-BBF6-EE5C33CC8FE4.jpeg
689E4175-FA8C-42EC-BE07-67D73A9DA50D.jpeg

Simply amazing Jeff! I love a good cobb salad. And this is a work of art. Funny thing, when I was a kid I hated avocados. Just recently I ordered a nacho plate. And made it clear that I didn't want guacamole. Well. Guess what? It came with a pile of it on it.
So I tried it. And I loved it! I bet that really compliments the salad.

Reactions: jcam222
Simply amazing Jeff! I love a good cobb salad. And this is a work of art. Funny thing, when I was a kid I hated avocados. Just recently I ordered a nacho plate. And made it clear that I didn't want guacamole. Well. Guess what? It came with a pile of it on it.
So I tried it. And I loved it! I bet that really compliments the salad.
Thanks Steve. My wife and I both love avocado and subsequently guacamole. I used to think I didn’t either until I tried it. Love it now. Great on chicken salad, tuna salad and chicken sandwiches too.

Looks beautiful! Have not had a Cobb Salad since my teaching days. They are tasty for Rabbit Food.😆...JJ

Sure is one purrtee salad Jeff.

Point for sure
Chris

Amazing! I love a good fresh cobb salad and yours certainly does not disappoint!

That bleu cheese with chili flakes sounds amazing, I’ll have to look out for that.

Looks great, not sure how they came up with that name as never seen cobb in it lol

Looks great, not sure how they came up with that name as never seen cobb in it lol
Thanks! Once you asked I had to Google it. It is named after the restaurant's owner, Robert Howard Cobb. ... Another version of the creation is that Robert Kreis, executive chef at the restaurant, created the salad in 1929 (the year the Brown Derby's Hollywood location opened) and named it in honor of Robert Cobb.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky