Cob Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's been a couple years since I bought some, probably not due to get more until spring. Mine were similar to the first photo, but I add some hardwood pellets to them, about a half cup of hardwood pellets to 2½ cups of corn cob pellets, shake them up and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes, then put in the tray and light. They work just fine for me! Love the aroma of the corn cob smoke, grew up with it!

It's been a couple years since I bought some, probably not due to get more until spring. Mine were similar to the first photo, but I add some hardwood pellets to them, about a half cup of hardwood pellets to 2½ cups of corn cob pellets, shake them up and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes, then put in the tray and light. They work just fine for me! Love the aroma of the corn cob smoke, grew up with it!

I have no trouble with either one burning. Just got a new bag and was wondering. I dont mix them with any other pellets.

Try it. 40 lb bag is 10 bucks
\

Do they sell it in smaller bags, I only use pellets for cold smoking certain items and 40 pounds would take me twenty years to get thru.

Chris

\

Do they sell it in smaller bags, I only use pellets for cold smoking certain items and 40 pounds would take me twenty years to get thru.

Chris

Only40 lb bags at my Tractor Supply. Remember its sold as horse bedding.

I already used them for 60 lbs of hams and 30 lbs of bellies. Seems like the old stuff I used. Just wondering if anyone else have these pellets. Yes, it looks like normal pellets now. I like the old stuff thou.

I have been using them for a couple of years and I can say they are awesome on Pork, especially bacon. I get mine at Tractor Supply.

I'm going to have a ham ready next week sometime . How much smoke flavor do they add ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky