Cob Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I know some people here get them from Tractor Supply. I have been using them for a long time. Went 2 weeks ago to get more and they look more like a pellet now. Same bag saying all natural. I used them for my second batch of hams and bacons. Smells the same. Tastes the same.

Before pic, like 3 years ago.

IMG_20181119_183328766.jpg

This is what they look like now.

IMG_20181119_183345082.jpg

Hope its still all natural. Any one bought any that look like pellets? @pops6927 Can you answer this?

My guess is they bought a new pelletizer mochine.
Or source from a different supplier.
I'd burn some and see how they smell, and maybe smoke some simple stuff like chicken or hot dogs for a taste test.
Then decide.

They look like everybody else's pellets to me.

My guess is they bought a new pelletizer mochine.
Or source from a different supplier.
I'd burn some and see how they smell, and maybe smoke some simple stuff like chicken or hot dogs for a taste test.
Then decide.

They look like everybody else's pellets to me.

I already used them for 60 lbs of hams and 30 lbs of bellies. Seems like the old stuff I used. Just wondering if anyone else have these pellets. Yes, it looks like normal pellets now. I like the old stuff thou.

You use the cob for color ,,, or flavor . Maybe both ? I put a ham in the cure yesterday , was thinking about getting some cob .

Color and flavor. Mostly for flavor, the color is nice thou

Mine are "Best Cob" from TSC and a year old and look somewhat in between each pic. My opinion is that cob pellets fall apart much easier than hardwood and the more the bag is handled the more it breaks down. That reminds me, I need to make some cob dust...

I love cob since it reminds me of my uncle's farm (corn). Might be a little boring solo but good for blends. Cob most definitely adds a rustic/farm character to me. Last year my holiday turkey was cured with Pop's and all cob and it was like like something you'd get from a country store in the 50's that had a red woodie with Christmas tree on top parked in the front.

Reactions: SonnyE
We finally have a Tractor Supply store within a reasonable distance. I'm looking forward to trying these pellets.

Yea yea yea we hear about about this hams and bacon but none showed up at the gathering :rolleyes::D

But your photos of the finished product you got from some where looked good.

Warren

Yea yea yea we hear about about this hams and bacon but none showed up at the gathering :rolleyes::D

But your photos of the finished product you got from some where looked good.

Warren
Oh he had some ,,, just to good to share .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky