• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cluelesssmoker

Joined Nov 12, 2013
Hey y'all! Troy Moses here from north Mississippi. Been smoking for a few months now so very new to the smoking world. My baby brother helps me alot... He's so sweet!! ( just picking bro) I own a MES 40 and love it. I plan on smoking a turkey this year for turkey day any tips would be greatful.... Thanks and I look forward to learning and sharing all I can!! Godspeed!

moses

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 26, 2013
Show my lil brother some love y'all. Hey go to the chicken forum and post about what you cooked tonight.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Run the mes as high temp as it will go. ( 275 ).

And spatched.

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h1]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

genek

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 21, 2012
By spatched he is referring to spatch cock. Simply it is cutting out the back bone and flattening the bird out to make it cook faster and more evenly. I usually also split mine at the breast to form two flat pieces that fit my smoker better.

GeneK

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Troy

Welcome.  You're going to love it here

Gary

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.