Cleaning out my RF Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Sacramento California
I came up with an easy way to clean out the sludge in my Reverse Flow Smoker.  I bought a hoe at a yard sale for two dollars.  I then took a piece of cardboard and traced the curvature of my smoker on to it.  This became the template that I copied on to the hoe.  Next it was off to the grinder where I grinded the hoe to match the curvature of my smoker.  With the long handle of the hoe, it was easy to reach to the end of my 48” smoker.   

Looks like a good idea!

I never get any sludge in mine, I just steam clean it after each smoke.

It takes about 1 minute. I run it up to 350 & spray the inside with water.

Everything runs out the drain in the bottom & the steam cleans everything.

After about 1/2 hour it's all dry & clean inside.

Al

Looks like a good idea!

I never get any sludge in mine, I just steam clean it after each smoke.

It takes about 1 minute. I run it up to 350 & spray the inside with water.

Everything runs out the drain in the bottom & the steam cleans everything.

After about 1/2 hour it's all dry & clean inside.

Al
Al,

I finally figured how to put a nipple in the drain valve.  I attached a hose to it, and ran it under the fence out to the front yard.  I now have a clean smoker thanks to you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky