Cleaning inside of smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

broozer

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
Portland, OR
I've never done it to my Bronco, but I'm starting to get drips on the food from the inside of the lid when smoking. Any tips on how to do it? It does not look like fun :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Reactions: JLeonard
flame.jpg

Just kidding. This stuff works really well.

goo_gone.jpg

I know Chris_in_SoCal Chris_in_SoCal was only joking, but I actually do use something similar - but smaller than that flame thrower LOL. For several years, I've been starting my charcoal with a weed burner torch. Something like this:

1708615050380.png

A few times a year, I'll torch the cook chamber in my cabinet smoker until all the grease and other bits are charcoal - then just use a wide putty knife to scrape it out.

Then maybe once per year, I'll use my power washer and some good soap to give it a deeper clean.

Red

After a ton of use and abuse I'm fixing to do a complete rebuild and upgrade on my YS640. I plan to use a power washer on mine once I get all the parts in and get the electronics off of the cooking chamber. I too burn it out as needed as well as scrap the lid every so often to control build up. It's the down side to cooking so often on it.

Reactions: broozer
Thanks for the info guys. I decided to use a putty knife and elbow grease, and a set of clothes that will never be used for anything else :emoji_laughing:. Then I vacuumed it out with a shop vac, sprayed some Pam inside, lit a hot fire and let it burn out with the vents open. Not squeaky clean, but MUCH cleaner.

I’ve used oven cleaner gently on the Mes before. It does make a mess though. Lots of water and drying involved and then a complete reseason. But I try not to do it if not necessary. Sometimes though it’s necessary.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky