Classic PK300 vrs Weber 26 Kettle ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Okie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
I have a 26 Kettle. Thinking about putting it up for sale and buying a Classic PK300.

Thoughts ?

I also have a 22" Kettle Master Touch. The 26 is only getting used with a Vortex for wings. It takes up patio space. I'm thinking the PK300 is a bit more versatile and may be a better cooker, for both grilling and smoking.

I didn't buy the 26 for capacity, its not an issue. I bought the 26 a few years ago to smoke ribs hot/fast at 350*. Larger size meant the ribs got less radiant heat. But I'm doing ribs on a gravity feed now.

Also, on the resale market, the 26 will bring in more money than selling the 22. Well over half the cost of the PK.

How could a smoker be any more "versatile" than a 26" Weber kettle? I got rid of my SQ-36 offset and replaced it with a 26" kettle, haven't missed anything but the huge wood bill. I also have a 22" and 26" Weber kettle, I can't think of anything that can't be done well between the two. Of course it is fun to buy new toys, so there's that. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Air flow control on a PK would be far easier than adjusting the ash catcher blades on a 26. I also like how the PK has air intakes on each end and exhaust vents on each end. Properly using those vents could create a lot of convection. I'm thinking as a smoker, the PK would be better as long as capacity is not an issue.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky