CI pans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Hey all. For awhile now I've been watching some folks using their 8" cast iron pans for both cooking and eating from. And I have been thinking about getting a couple. More so after seeing some of Robert's tx smoker tx smoker creations.
So, fast forward to this morning while cruising around WalMart looking for ideas for dinner. I happened to go down the clearance isle. And I found a rack of Ozark Trail 8" cast iron skillets. The were on sale for 2.00 each.

20200331_112306 (1).jpg

Seemed like a good deal to me! This pic is after I seasoned them twice. This weekend I'm thinking about putting them to use.

The were on sale for 2.00 each.

That's a screaming deal!! Congrats on the great find. I'm gonna be doing something totally different and completely off the wall this evening in mine. Be on the lookout for some insane Italian food being posted tomorrow...and yet another idea for using these things. They are so versatile. There's just thousands of meals you can do. You're only limited by your imagination. If you're planning to use them on the grill I'd highly recommend getting a pizza dome. Makes cooking stuff WAY more efficient.

Robert

Reactions: Will Squared
I'll be looking Robert! I'm sure it'll be interesting to say the least. I know, SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ! That was a darn good deal. Not really sure why though. They also had 10" CI pans for 4.50 each.

Reactions: negolien
True.

Was there a lot of them on clearance? Didn’t even know Walmart had a clearance section. I’ll have to see if my local one has one.

There were about 10 of these. Maybe more of the 10" Our Walmart has clearance aisles in different areas in the store for different items.

Reactions: xray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky