CI Grilled Double Layered Pulled Pork Nachos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Did a couple 9 pound butts for the 4th of July and of course I had some meat leftover. Was trying to think of something rather than just pulled pork sandwiches for dinner so I came up with nachos.

Here are the butts fresh out of the smoker. Back story on them was 225 for 12 hours char-hickory pellets. Panned at 150ish temp bumped to 275. Pulled off once they hit 205 and let them rest for an hour before pulling.
July3.jpg

July4.jpg

Started out with a 10" CI pan. Layer of chips in the bottom.
Nachos1.jpg

Next was the PP.
Nachos2.jpg

Added on some leftover smoked baked beans, jalapenos and tomatoes.
Nachos3.jpg

Good squirt of BBQ sauce.
Nachos4.jpg

A bunch of cheese.
Nachos5.jpg

Complete another layer of the same and you end up with this.
Nachos6.jpg

Onto the grill at 350. The other CI pan is pulled pork, cheese, and jerk sauce.
Nachos7.jpg

Nachos8.jpg

Done pretty quickly. Maybe 15-20 minutes.
Nachos10.jpg

Nachos11.jpg

Add on some sour cream and chopped green onions on top. Ready to eat.
Nachos9.jpg

Man this was good. We ate them right out of the CI pans. Double layering really helped getting a full chip every time rather than eating everything off the top and then you are left with a pan full of tortilla chips at the bottom. Jerk sauce and PP go awesome together IMO and the kids don't eat tomato or jalapenos so figured that would be a good addition. It didn't disappoint. Thanks for looking!

John

Looks to me like a excellent way to reconstitute some leftover pulled pork John, and that's something I'd find real tasty and easy enough to copy, big Like! RAY

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Holy smoke John!! Those look fantastic, both of them. Gotta say though, I like the nachos with the cheese, beans, and jalapenos. That's right up my alley for sure!! Excellent ideas and a great way to creatively utilize leftover PP.

I want some of that!!
Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
They look delicious! Man I could make them disappear in a hurry

Ryan

Looks great, don't forget about a big baked tater with pulled pork ect to top it off, great stuff pulled pork is

We do the same here as well. Yours look top notch! I dont know why ive never thought of putting our leftover beans on too. Deffinatly doing that the next time. I'm with the others I'll take the one with beans and cheese. Although I'm sure i would tear up a plate of the jerk too! Lol!

I’d tear through those nachos pretty quickly! The one with the beans and jalapeños is just calling out to me.

Nachos should be their own food group.

Like!

Looks to me like a excellent way to reconstitute some leftover pulled pork John, and that's something I'd find real tasty and easy enough to copy, big Like! RAY

Thanks Ray! Got to love leftover PP the possibilities are endless. Give the nachos a try!

Holy smoke John!! Those look fantastic, both of them. Gotta say though, I like the nachos with the cheese, beans, and jalapenos. That's right up my alley for sure!! Excellent ideas and a great way to creatively utilize leftover PP.

I want some of that!!
Robert

Thanks Robert appreciate the kinds words man! Both kinds of nachos were great but yes the one you preferred were the best.

Looks good, will have to give this variation a try next time I do a butt. We always end up making some PP nachos when I do a butt. Excellent way to get rid of some meat!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky