• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chuckie time!

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Wow I don’t get on here much anymore but the current Carousel is amazing! Anyways time was on my side so as I strolled the grocery store I happened upon chuckies for an outstanding price of $3.99 #. After regaining my faculties the biggest one came home with me, I would have got more but was only carrying what I could in my hands. I rubbed it with a new rub we had on a couple of nice T-bones a few days before Kosmo Q cow cover it’s pretty tasty. I like to smoke chuckies till they get a nice color and pan them with a can of french onion soup and half a can of water seal and finish in the oven. Had a couple of sammiches, a couple tacos and tonight we made enchilada pie. We only had street taco size shells and I wasn’t about to roll all of them so we made it like lasagna.

Attachments

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Looks great. I’m glad you found your way back missed seeing your post.

Motorboat40

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 5, 2020
man that looks great i haven't done a chuck roast yet but its on my to smoke list juat as soon as beef prices come back down out the clouds

one eyed jack

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 11, 2014
Your pan of pulled chuck looks like perfection.

How did you go about putting together your enchilada pie?

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Looks real good, I'd dig into that in a heartbeat, Like! I was gone for awhile myself, makes you feel good to be back, kinda like coming home only without all the sloppy tears . RAY

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Very nice! I agree with the tiny taco shells being too much work. My Wife usually gets 12" Burrito Shells. That's more my style, a fat Burrito, meat, cheese, beans, onion, cilantro and maybe a little rice...JJ

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
It all looks good to me!
Al

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice choice of items there they look great.

Warren

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Great looking chuckies B! Good to see you back. Are you still cranking out tri tips?

normanaj

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
Looks awesome!

Haven't done a chuck or any type of roast in quite some time.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Your pan of pulled chuck looks like perfection.

How did you go about putting together your enchilada pie?
Thank, we layered it like lasagna. Sauce ,corn tortilla shells, more sauce, meat, cheese repeat.
Looks great. I’m glad you found your way back missed seeing your post.
Thanks peachy.
man that looks great i haven't done a chuck roast yet but its on my to smoke list juat as soon as beef prices come back down out the clouds
I hear you on prices! I couldn’t believe they were $3.99 #. Normally 5-6 before things hit the fan.
Looks real good, I'd dig into that in a heartbeat, Like! I was gone for awhile myself, makes you feel good to be back, kinda like coming home only without all the sloppy tears . RAY
Thank, just make sure to have plenty of sauce if you do this.
Very nice! I agree with the tiny taco shells being too much work. My Wife usually gets 12" Burrito Shells. That's more my style, a fat Burrito, meat, cheese, beans, onion, cilantro and maybe a little rice...JJ
Thanks JJ, no side dishes this time I was just scrambling to put off sloppy joes for a couple of nights.
It all looks good to me!
Al
Thanks.
Nice choice of items there they look great.

Warren
Thank you.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.