Chuck Roast (SV Pulled Beef)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Chuck Roast (SV Pulled Beef)

We finally got some Beef at decent prices, during this Pandemic, so I had to buy a bunch!
One hunk was this 2.34 LB Chuck Roast, on sale for $2.99.

So I put a packet of Lipton's Beefy Onion on both sides of the meat, into the bag, and sealed it up.
Then into the SV @ 165° for 30 hours. Just right for Pulling Beef.

I’ll fill in what we did, above each Pic below.

Thanks for stopping By,

Bear

A 2.34 lb Chucky @ $2.99 a pound:
IMG_6578.jpeg

Sealed with Lipton's Beefy Onion Soup Mix on both sides:
IMG_6580.jpeg

Into my Sous Vide Supreme, set at 165°:
IMG_6595.jpeg

Pulled out after 30 hours:
IMG_6596.jpeg

All Pulled apart with 2 forks:
IMG_6597.jpeg

Starting First Hot Roast Beef Sammy with Gravy under & on top of 2 slices of Italian Bread:
IMG_6598.jpeg

Then cover both slices of Bread with Pulled Beef:
IMG_6599.jpeg

Then Gravy on top of the Meat, then another slice of Bread, and more Gravy on top of that:
IMG_6601.jpeg

Still Hungry, so I made a One Bread Slice Sammy to back the First Big one up:
IMG_6603.jpeg

Some Steak Fries in my #360 prior to it's retirement:
IMG_6604.jpeg

Second Night's Hot Roast Beef Sammy, with Fries & Gravy on the Fries: MMMMMmmmmmmm...................... . . . . . .
IMG_6606.jpeg

Third Night's Supper of Pulled Beef on a Kaiser Roll, with Kelchner's Creamy Horseradish Sauce, and a Dill Pickle Spear:
IMG_6608.jpeg

Last edited:
That's great in every way! Delicious on all counts. Now I'm getting hungry, and I just ate! Great work.
We have sandwiches with the gravy when I smoke a top or bottom round Roast, and it's the best. We vac seal leftovers, freeze and repeat during the week or next. Tastes exactly the same after vac seal, freeze, etc. One of our favorites.

That's some fine down home comfort food John, I'd be all over that dish, Like! RAY

Dang that all looks amazing!! I love roast beef every way you did it there. That’s a heck of a price on it too!! I’ll have to try some in the SV next time.

Bear, you've done it again. That looks great. I'm going to have to use my sous vide more.

Rob

Thank You Rob!!
This is Great like this, and Mrs Bear is Happy for No Smoke.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's great in every way! Delicious on all counts. Now I'm getting hungry, and I just ate! Great work.
We have sandwiches with the gravy when I smoke a top or bottom round Roast, and it's the best. We vac seal leftovers, freeze and repeat during the week or next. Tastes exactly the same after vac seal, freeze, etc. One of our favorites.

Thank You Mike!!
Yup, this always re-heats up Great !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's some fine down home comfort food John, I'd be all over that dish, Like! RAY

Thank You Ray!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That last pic reminds me of an Arby’s roast beef sandwich with horsey sauce. Nice Bear!

Thank You Neighbor!!
I'd have to say these were at least a Tad Better.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Damn that looks good. I suddenly just became starving all of the sudden. That's my kind of meal right there. BIG LIKE!

Thank You John!!
This one hits Me like that more than most of my Smokes.
Been one of my Favorite Meals since I was a Kid, back in the Mid--1900s.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Dang that all looks amazing!! I love roast beef every way you did it there. That’s a heck of a price on it too!! I’ll have to try some in the SV next time.

Thank You Much!!
You'll Love it !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky