chuck roast problem

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdmabrey1

Original poster
Nov 24, 2022
Hello, I have never done a chuck roast as my wife hates the standard roast from an oven. my question is will smoking one change the texture enough to trick her into thinking it is something else? i just want to try a chuck roast on the pit boss lol. anyway thanks for any feedback. Happy New Year Y'all!

Doesn't like chuck roast? mercy........

Buy the one with the most marbling you can find and smoke it up. If it's the fall apart texture she isn't digging, take it to about 190 IT and slice it. It will be tender there but not necessarily fork tender.
This one is too lean for smoking IMO. You could but you'd have to watch it much closer.

1672451734994.png

This one is better. It would be great sliced or pulled.
1672451850912.png

Doesn't like chuck roast? mercy........

Buy the one with the most marbling you can find and smoke it up. If it's the fall apart texture she isn't digging, take it to about 190 IT and slice it. It will be tender there but not necessarily fork tender.
This one is too lean for smoking IMO. You could but you'd have to watch it much closer.

View attachment 652914

This one is better. It would be great sliced or pulled.
View attachment 652915
Thanks for the info, ill try to find a good one.

If your wife doesn’t like a chuck roast in the oven, I doubt she will like it smoked. Unless you do like Hijack73 Hijack73 suggested and slice it at a lower IT, and tell her to give it a try. Pretty darn good with mashed potato’s & gravy.
Al

Reactions: rdknb and boykjo
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky