Chuck roast first timer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gator Tre

Original poster
Jun 7, 2022
Happy Saturday y'all! Today I gave beef a shot for the first time. Nice bark and smoke ring but it came out dry. Smoked unwrapped for the first 4 hours (170 IT) then wrapped for another 2 (IT 195). Temps between 270-300. Fun cook, will be giving it another shot soon.
IMG_6040.jpeg

IMG_7789.jpeg

Sure looks good! The others have you covered with it being dry. If you have an instapot put the meat in there with some liquid...it will come out tender and shred easily.

Ryan

i have been afraid to try a chuck roast on the smoker because they can come out tough or chewy and thready even braised for hours. I am wondering if i used chuck steaks stacked , this will be shorter strands of beef. I do have success with chuck ribs, probably because of the high fat content.

Thanks for the tips. Will be running one again maybe July 4

Treat it just like a brisket just a small one but smoked the same will pull the same and taste pretty much the same

Reactions: bauchjw
You gotta go like a brisket with Chuck! If it’s tough and chewy you’re pulling it out too soon. Looks good though!

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky