• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chuck Roast Burnt Ends

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmardock

Fire Starter
Dec 15, 2013
Finally had a free weekend for a smoke, so I tried Jeff's Smoked Chuck Roast Burnt Ends on my Rec Tec RT680. They were amazing! My wife is already asking when I can make them again. I only smoked 1 chuck roast and I used Sweet Baby Rays as the sauce, other than that I followed Jeff's recipe exactly. Here's the Q-view.

Marinaded in worcestershire sauce and Jeff's Rub overnight.
IMG_0330.jpg

On the smoker the next morning.
IMG_0331.jpg

Took about 9 hours to get to 190, but well worth it after seeing that smoke ring.
IMG_0333.jpg

Cubed, sauced, and ready for another 2 hours.
IMG_0334.jpg

Ready to eat! It's like meat candy.
IMG_0335.jpg

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
They look delicious!
Great work!
Al

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
I tried the chuck burnt ends for the first time a few weeks ago and they were amazing. Your's look top notch.

Point for sure.

Chris

jmardock

Fire Starter
Dec 15, 2013
They were so easy and were great leftover. I wish I had made more.

sauced

Master of the Pit
Aug 9, 2015
Great looking burnt ends....nice job!!
When the Mrs. wants some burnt ends, I always use a chuck, they always come out great!

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Never tried this before. Very interesting. Looks amazingly good!

Points!!!!

I need that recipe!!!!

ksblazer

Smoking Fanatic
Aug 11, 2012
Looks great

Been wanting to try chuck burnt ends for some time. But the first 2 chucks I did were very tough when I tried to make shredded beef with them. Just did a sliced chuck last weekend with a much better cut of meat and it turned out great. I've done pork shoulder burnt ends and they were really good. So up next I plan on trying burnt chuck ends next.

azbohunter

Smoking Fanatic
Nov 23, 2013
I did this exact cook a few weeks ago and was really impressed with it. I will certainly do it again, we had company for lunch and the lady ate three servings, oddly, her husband doesn't like smoked meat so I did him a burger on the grill. Therefore, she ate his share :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky