Chuck Roast Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmardock

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Orangevale, CA
Finally had a free weekend for a smoke, so I tried Jeff's Smoked Chuck Roast Burnt Ends on my Rec Tec RT680. They were amazing! My wife is already asking when I can make them again. I only smoked 1 chuck roast and I used Sweet Baby Rays as the sauce, other than that I followed Jeff's recipe exactly. Here's the Q-view.

Marinaded in worcestershire sauce and Jeff's Rub overnight.
IMG_0330.jpg

On the smoker the next morning.
IMG_0331.jpg

Took about 9 hours to get to 190, but well worth it after seeing that smoke ring.
IMG_0333.jpg

Cubed, sauced, and ready for another 2 hours.
IMG_0334.jpg

Ready to eat! It's like meat candy.
IMG_0335.jpg

I tried the chuck burnt ends for the first time a few weeks ago and they were amazing. Your's look top notch.

Point for sure.

Chris

Looks great

Been wanting to try chuck burnt ends for some time. But the first 2 chucks I did were very tough when I tried to make shredded beef with them. Just did a sliced chuck last weekend with a much better cut of meat and it turned out great. I've done pork shoulder burnt ends and they were really good. So up next I plan on trying burnt chuck ends next.

I did this exact cook a few weeks ago and was really impressed with it. I will certainly do it again, we had company for lunch and the lady ate three servings, oddly, her husband doesn't like smoked meat so I did him a burger on the grill. Therefore, she ate his share :)

Reactions: ksblazer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky