Chuck roast beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Getting some good prices on beef here lately . I have a freezer full , but couldn't pass on this one . So instead of freezing I broke out the Anova .
20181124_121642.jpg
In the bag with the meat :
Lipton soup mix
4 tbls ranch dressing mix ( I used a bulk mix my son had that was regular ranch )
Garlis cloves
Peperoncini
Rosemary
20181124_123743.jpg
I use the side of a french knife , smash the clove . Peel comes right off .
20181124_122847.jpg
In the SV 160 for 24 hours .
20181124_171935.jpg
Next day , fresh out of the bag
20181125_174016.jpg
Chunked it up ,,,,,,,,,,,, Now I have done 3 chucks at 130 ate like steak . I have done at least 1/2 a dozen at 160 same time length for roast beef . All fantastic . Best I've ever eaten . This was dry . I was shocked .
20181125_174424.jpg
So I drained the fat off and added the juice back to the meat . Covered and lest rest 30 minutes . Much better .
20181125_174528.jpg
My son makes great hand smashed potatoes ( Yukon gold )
Daughter makes the carrots in the instant pot .
I like the Heinz beef gravy . Came out pretty good . Past results were better I thought . Difference in the meats I guess . Just had some for lunch Today and it was even better .
20181125_180732.jpg 20181125_180740.jpg

Thanks for lookin .

Attachments

• 20181125_173428.jpg
    20181125_173428.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 29
Beautiful beef!
Thanks bud . All the other times it was fall apart tender and moist . Going by the amount of juice in the bag I'm thinking it was over done a bit . Caught it just in time .

Thanks Warren . Only thing I can figure is it was that particular piece of meat . I do it the same every time .
It was good after it rested in the bag juices .

Oh Boy!!
Everything looks Mighty Tasty, Rich!!
I could easily handle a Plate just like that !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

That looks like a very tasty meal. Nice Job

Point for sure.
Chris

Cool ,,, you know what your're doing , I just happened to be sitting there when you posted in Bears thread . Mine could have used more ranch . Let me know if you do it .

Cool ,,, you know what your're doing , I just happened to be sitting there when you posted in Bears thread . Mine could have used more ranch . Let me know if you do it .

Will do. We had the Mississippi pot roast in the crock pot last week, so I probably won’t do it for awhile yet. That’s why it was fresh on my mind.

Did you use any juice from the jar of pepperocini? We usually add the juice when we make ours...but my vacuum sealer isn’t the greatest so I try to avoid liquids.

I’m thinking of either adding more peppers or freezing some of the pepperocini juice in ice cube trays. That way I could add to the bag...but I also think it would be good to melt a cube or two when reheating the chuck roast for some nice Italian roast beef sandwiches.

I didn't add any juice for the same reasons you mention . I have froze beef stock an added it to the bag and sealed . It works . I only fill the ice cube tray half way when I do that . Adding liquid after sounds good too .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky