Chuck flat?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
A month or so ago I went into GFS for some things. The manager knows I like to smoke meat and told me he had just put some big pieces of beef on sale. Someone had order them by mistake and he wanted to clear them out. He marked them down to $2.49 / lbs so of course I bought a few. I can find hardly anything on chuck flats online. I’ve seen a couple references to them being used as boneless short ribs. Have any of you had experience with or know this cut? About time to thaw one out and give it a go
7B0723A2-9BE6-4A77-A474-125C9E47E4AA.jpeg

Reactions: jcam222
Jcam,
Kevin nailed it. I have only known them as chuck flat, or chuck flap meat. They make nice boneless short ribs, they can be marinated to add to their flavor profile.

Yea, I’m getting bored & looking to smoke something I have never done before.
I just don’t know what.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky