Chuck Flat in the MES 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mike have the insides taken out of the chip area . It's a nice slow burn , with very little visible smoke . Start with whole chunks on the tray while the smoker heats up . So they warm slow . Takes an hour or so to burn them up . Even and clean . These pics are from a different smoke .
View attachment 492026 View attachment 492027
Nice clean and even . Perfect flavor on the meat .
View attachment 492028
I have my MES dialed in for air flow and temp control . The right amount of air and steady temp makes this work .
That's a great idea, I've never thought of before. I have the cold smoke attachment instead of the mailbox mod, and I use the AMZN tube as well. I'm going to remove the covering over the chip tray and try this. I think I lost the original chip tray, but can fashion something to replace it. Thanks Rich, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm also using the Auber, truly a gamechanger.

Reactions: chopsaw
Could I get your recipe?
Brian yes . I remembered seeing a comment you made about trouble with rolls are something . So I put a thread together on dough in the food processor . It's simple and easy .
I'll get it posted and tag you .

Have to try to wood chunk tip.
I'm going to remove the covering over the chip tray and try this
I've never had a flare up or a fire doing this , but just be advised and don't leave unattended until you get it dialed in . I would run it empty , start with one chunk .

Reactions: MJB05615
Rich the meal is fit for a king big LIKE for that the Bread makes me a begger can I have the recipe.
Richie

Rich the meal is fit for a king big LIKE for that the Bread makes me a begger can I have the recipe.
Richie
Thanks Richie . I'll post a thread on doing it with the food processor . I'll make sure you see it .

Curious, about how many pounds was the cut? Just trying to wrap my brain around this.
I forgot you asked about the weight . Each one was around 3 lbs. Came with 4 in the package .

Looks Great Chop!!! Most excellent meal

Point for sure
Chris

Man'o man that looks awesome.

I can't get away from doing them like this because I love pulled/shredded Chuck for tacos, burritos, tamales and enchiladas I normally rub them with SPOG & CCC. Cumin, Coriander and Chili powder. :emoji_laughing: 👍

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky