• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chuck Flat in the MES 30

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Great looking cook and plate. Have to try to wood chunk tip. Thanks for sharing!

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Mike have the insides taken out of the chip area . It's a nice slow burn , with very little visible smoke . Start with whole chunks on the tray while the smoker heats up . So they warm slow . Takes an hour or so to burn them up . Even and clean . These pics are from a different smoke .
View attachment 492026 View attachment 492027
Nice clean and even . Perfect flavor on the meat .
View attachment 492028
I have my MES dialed in for air flow and temp control . The right amount of air and steady temp makes this work .
That's a great idea, I've never thought of before. I have the cold smoke attachment instead of the mailbox mod, and I use the AMZN tube as well. I'm going to remove the covering over the chip tray and try this. I think I lost the original chip tray, but can fashion something to replace it. Thanks Rich, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm also using the Auber, truly a gamechanger.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Could I get your recipe?
Brian yes . I remembered seeing a comment you made about trouble with rolls are something . So I put a thread together on dough in the food processor . It's simple and easy .
I'll get it posted and tag you .

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Rich the meal is fit for a king big LIKE for that the Bread makes me a begger can I have the recipe.
Richie

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Rich the meal is fit for a king big LIKE for that the Bread makes me a begger can I have the recipe.
Richie
Thanks Richie . I'll post a thread on doing it with the food processor . I'll make sure you see it .

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Curious, about how many pounds was the cut? Just trying to wrap my brain around this.
I forgot you asked about the weight . Each one was around 3 lbs. Came with 4 in the package .

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Man'o man that looks awesome.

I can't get away from doing them like this because I love pulled/shredded Chuck for tacos, burritos, tamales and enchiladas I normally rub them with SPOG & CCC. Cumin, Coriander and Chili powder. :emoji_laughing: 👍

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Another fine job there by chop. Nice looking .

Warren

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.