Christmas Eve Breakfast at the Campbell's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Thought I would share a little of our day for a couple reasons. One you are just a cool group to share things with and two some of the breakfast wouldn't have been possible without things I have learned here over the past year. Because of one of the boys work schedules we did our immediate family gift exchange and breakfast today. Here is a little look at our breakfast.

Started out the morning heading downstairs and saw our tree. Wife does a great job on it. I still love a rag tag tree with miscellaneous but have grown to appreciate her more refined taste :)
our tree.jpg

Time to get started on breakfast first up are some fine 1/4 lbs. breakfast sausages I fried up. These are something I learned here this year and the recipe is partially based on a post by bdskelly bdskelly . I put up around 25 lbs of this in the freezer. Thanks man, we love this stuff!
sausage.jpg

Whats breakfast without bacon?? Especially when its some homemade belly bacon just packed up yesterday. Thanks pops6927 pops6927 for sharing your brine recipe. I have used it many times since joining here. This batch came out really good! I love the buckboard too but man this belly bacon is the bomb.
bacon .jpg

Time to get some ingredients ready to go in or accompany the eggs. Frying up a nice big batch of shrooms and onions with avocado oil and butter.
shrooms and onions.jpg

Getting some cheese ready for the eggs. Love the yellow cheddar and Parmesan but man this sharp white is delicious. For a lower cost sharp we really like the Old Croc.
cheeses.jpg

Forgot to snap a shot of the 20 eggs cooking scrambled style but here is a plated shot. Everyone ate and had seconds so I guess it came out pretty good. The only complaint was why I didn't cook more bacon LOL.
plated 4.jpg

After breakfast it was time to open some gifts. I enjoy passing everyone's around and watching them all open gifts first. After that it was my turn. I got a lot of great things including some Browns things I love despite the way the year went :) Below are the two awesome cooking related things I got. Again I would not have known about the Ken Onion Worksharp without this forum and a discussion on sharpeners. Definitely also pumped to get this big 17" cast iron skillet. Over the last year I have moved often away from our non stick to CI and love it. I keep it oiled up good and feel likes its more non stick than some of my higher end stuff.

my cooking gifts.jpg

Thanks for looking and sharing a little bit of our Christmas Eve day!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!

Looks like an awesome breakfast and you snagged some nice gifts

Reactions: jcam222
The breakfast looked great. And you must have been good to get those gifts. Glad to see you enjoying time with your family

Ryan

Real nice. My 17" Lodge gets used so often, it gets stored in the Oven. You are going to love it...JJ

You must have been a good boy this year. Nice breakfast - Nice gifts.

Point for sure
Chris

Fantastic looking breakfast!
And your going to love that sharpener.
One suggestion though, get the sharpener attachment that uses the 1"x18" belts.
It gets the knives sharper & is much easier to use.
Al

Damn Jeff...the breakfast looks fantastic!! The only thing you were missing is....me :emoji_astonished: Great job!!

I got a couple of new 8" CI skillets this morning to go along with a fairly comprehensive collection of the stuff. Tracy is heading off to church shortly and I'm gonna do some breakfast skillets on the grill in the new skillets. Be on the lookout later for another bragging session on TX weather...assuming I don't screw up the food :emoji_wink:

Robert

Cant believe I missed this man. That breakfast looks damn good and that bacon is on point! Funny I got that same 17" lodge cast iron for Christmas too. Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but am excited too.

Sucks about the browns this year. At least they fired Kitchens yesterday...maybe the Haslams will get it right this time lol. That team is too stocked up with talent to not be contenders in the playoffs. On a side note I am stoked the Titans made it to the playoffs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky