Chorizo Verde con Hurvos ( Green Chorizo and eggs, scrambled )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Chorizo Verde con Hurvos ( Green Chorizo and eggs, scrambled )

Morning all, after seeing bauchjw bauchjw do his meal with chorizo it made me hungry , so I had to bring out the last of my Chorizo Verde
and seeing how it was breakfast time ( not that that is the law ) I wanted that with eggs

Fried up some diced onions , fried up my Chorizo Verde to a nice brown , light crisp
1.JPG 2.JPG
3.JPG

i wish you could smell this , fantastic and with the vinegar in it my mouth is watering

Mixed a couple eggs light salt and pepper, scrambled this all together, than a little Old Cheddar Cheese on top
Served with toast , chopped tomatoes and Honey Dew Melon very refreshing with this . And my Pickled Mustard Seed Caviar
Very nice meal after all the turkey dishes in the last week

4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG
7.JPG

Thanks for looking and again thanks bauchjw bauchjw for the reminder I had some left to cook up

David

Looks delicious! Bet it smelled awesome. Let me know when you wake up from your nap!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man! That looks awesome!!!! I love chorizo and you crushed it! I’ve never heard of pickled mustard seed caviar? What is it? Thanks for sharing and shout out!

Looks delicious! Bet it smelled awesome. Let me know when you wake up from your nap!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Yes I could have had a big nap , it was good and filling,
glad I went outside and took down all the Christmas decorations or I would have.
plus 10 C here today and light drizzle

David

Man! That looks awesome!!!! I love chorizo and you crushed it! I’ve never heard of pickled mustard seed caviar? What is it? Thanks for sharing and shout out!

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

this Chorizo was the first I ever made , want to make the reg type next instead of the Verde, but I love the Verde will do again

as for the mustard seed caviar , I really like it and you can make it a lot of different flavours.
Mine tastes like Bread and Butter pickles, I have some right now blending with hot peppers , will let you know how they taste, here is my post on the first ones I did

David

Reactions: bauchjw
as for the mustard seed caviar , I really like it and you can make it a lot of different flavours.
Mine tastes like Bread and Butter pickles, I have some right now blending with hot peppers , will let you know how they taste, here is my post on the first ones I did

David
book marked and on my list!

Good grief it's warmer up in maple leaf land than it is down here in Arkansas. Don't think it was over -1°C today and it's -3°C now. Yeah I converted for ya. :emoji_wink:

Ha ha , thanks for the conversion, its funny I still do temps and reg. measurements in inches and feet in my head even
though we have been "metric " for more years than not for me.

And yes we have been having some warm weather, I know it will change but enjoying it right now. And yes it got up to 10 C yesterday that's 50F for you ha ha
Next 2 days average -6 day and night , than middle to end of week back up to 10C and light rain, I will take it

David

That looks incredible. And thanks for including your recipe and technique for making mustard seed caviar. I’m going to have to try that as I love mustard seeds.

Thanks Sven for the comment

It was a great breakfast , and the pickled Mustard seeds are good and fun to eat, I really enjoy them, you are welcome for the recipe also

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky