1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chorizo Fatty

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by x0xsaywhutx0x, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Its been a long time since I've posted so I figured I would come back in style! A good old fatty I did up a couple days ago! Stuffed it with chorizo sausage, jalapenos, onions, and pepperjack cheese. Smoked it on my new Traeger Tailgater at around 250 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours. Came out great! Brought some to work for lunch and people were begging to have some and are even offering money for me to make them one! I also tried making a version of it in a meatball form but when I tried to crisp up the bacon on the grill, I wasn't paying attention and ended up burning the bacon.

20180626_122504.jpg Fatty Grill 1.jpg Fatty Finished 1.jpg Fatty Finished 2.jpg

SmokinAl, shoebe and gmc2003 like this.
  2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Looks awfully good from my screen.

Point for sure.

Chris

3. dcecil

dcecil Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

That looks delicious

4. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Good looking fatty, I bet it tasted great.
    That bacon looks so good... Mmmmm!
    I give it 4.5:5, it'd be 5:5 if I could see some oozing cheese.

5. Thanks! Unfortunately I didnt realize I was low on cheese so I used what was left.

6. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Sometimes ya gotta make do... I would still be holding out my plate for a slice or two.

7. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Fantastic looking fattie!
    Nicely done!
    Al

8. ksblazer

ksblazer Smoke Blower

Looks really good to me. I like chorizo alot. In fact I have plans on making a Mexican style fatty with chorizo.

Your bacon wrap looks picture perfect.