Chopped Cheese Sandwich.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Flatrate

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 8, 2015
Michigan
Well my week started on Saturday night, my second night off of work and the girlfriend is off to Florida for the week, so I got to go solo all week. First thing I checked was the beer level.

Opened the refrigerator and it wasn't looking good...... can't see them all, about 9.
tn_IMG_1264.JPG

I keep seeing seeing something about a beer pole around here.... I have The Beer Drawer....
tn_IMG_1265.JPG

Still in fear and not wanting to go without I checked overflow in the utility room.......
tn_IMG_1266.JPG

I should be okay......

I could have rolled out the Blackstone but it was very windy out and this goes so quick, I did it indoors. So simple to make, and taste so good. Got the veg part all cut up.
tn_IMG_1267.JPG

Toasted the roll with the broiler.
tn_IMG_1271.JPG

tn_IMG_1274.JPG

Using 1lb of ground sirloin in the pan with some olive oil, seasoned, and added a little W sauce.
tn_IMG_1272.JPG

With the onions added the first flip and rough chop.
tn_IMG_1276.JPG

I forgot to take some cheese pics and build pics, but here it is all rolled up and resting. I feel this is a very important step.
tn_IMG_1277.JPG

After the rest the cut and time to enjoy.
tn_IMG_1279.JPG

tn_IMG_1278.JPG

If you haven't had a Chopped Cheese you gotta try it, anyways thanks for looking!

Dave

Looks great, don't know why but the PBR will give me a headache after only about 2, not sure why but can drink 12 of anything else without problems.

Looks great, don't know why but the PBR will give me a headache after only about 2, not sure why but can drink 12 of anything else without problems.
I've been on PBR for awhile now, if I had to guess 10 years or so. I too have had certain beer do the same to me, I want to say Michelob.

Thanks for the like and comment!

Dave

Reactions: gmc2003
Good looking sandwich Dave , love the toasted roll, and that is how I love my subs toasted
( so you find the rest kind of heats or blends the flavours in whole sub? )

You said girlfriend is gone for a week.... are you sure that is enough beer, lol

David

Reactions: Flatrate
Wow Dave, that is one fine looking sandwich!! Looks kinda like a Sloppy Joe on steroids, but man oh man, I'd be all over that. Very nice!!

Robert

Righteous looking sammie, and the beer pole salutes you!!!

1679836259446.png

I've been on PBR for awhile now, if I had to guess 10 years or so. I too have had certain beer do the same to me, I want to say Michelob.

Thanks for the like and comment!

Dave
I agree, the horse that made Michelob was sick. I got the nastiest of hangovers from that crap back in the day.

Point for sure
Chris

Good looking sandwich Dave , love the toasted roll, and that is how I love my subs toasted
( so you find the rest kind of heats or blends the flavours in whole sub? )

You said girlfriend is gone for a week.... are you sure that is enough beer, lol

David
Thanks David. I am in the toast all buns/rolls camp, just gotta have it. Yes she is gone and I took the week off also, so it should be enough beer.

Great looking sub Dave! I'm a Stella man myself. Haven't had a PBR in years.
Thanks Steve. I haven't had a Stella in some time, might have to pick some up in the near future.

Wow man that sandwich looks killer!
Thanks Peachey. I love em.

Wow Dave, that is one fine looking sandwich!! Looks kinda like a Sloppy Joe on steroids, but man oh man, I'd be all over that. Very nice!!

Robert
Thanks Robert for checking it out. Some might say it like a cheeseburger and I guess it is, but it easts very different, check one out sometime.

Righteous sammich
Thanks Flatbroke.

That's a great lookin' sandwich . I like PBR , but I'm getting fat enough on Busch light .
Thanks Chopsaw.

Righteous looking sammie, and the beer pole salutes you!!!

View attachment 661236

I agree, the horse that made Michelob was sick. I got the nastiest of hangovers from that crap back in the day.

Point for sure
Chris
We salute you Chris! I drank alot over the years and their are only a few things I won't touch ever again and Michelob is one of them.

Love the sammich! Hope you have enough beer for the duration!
Thanks Kim, and thank you for your concern. I should be okay lol.

Looks really tasty! I assume you mix cheese in the chop?
Thanks Jcam. Check one out they are great. You sear the beef and then after the flip you chop it up, cook it up and add the cheese to the top of the pile and let it melt and try to get it on the roll. You don't actually chop the cheese.

Now that is a sammich to make a man happy! I’ll bring a sixer for one of those!

Jim
Thanks Jim. I get a little excited when I make them.

Thanks again everyone!

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky