Chop Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm a chop stick fan here. Maybe not as much as you but love to eat with them, and I also use them for fine plating work and placing herbs on wellys and such.

I use them when I make teriyaki stirfry in my wok, seems only proper. My wife can't use them to save her life, I like to show off a bit just to bug her. RAY

It might be since Dad was stationed in Korea during Vietnam that he was more tolerant but he picked it up and so did me and my brothers. Growing up there was always a jar of kimchee in the fridge. He was also semi fluent but used it mainly for fun. People would freak when he did it AND that we understood it. I'd show off to wife/kids if given some chopsticks in a restaurant. Kids have kinda picked it up from that. My oldest looks like a pro eating sushi and I will use then for that but that's about it. We can still get them but don't usually do but DEFINITELY see these could be used and will pick some up after seeing this thread! I am DYING to get some asian food inspired threads going BTW!

We use them for eating, mostly Chinese foods, and sushi. I like them because it takes a bit longer to eat your meal. Never even thought to use them in cooking. Great idea!
Al

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I like using them when we're having Asian dishes. Just part of the experience.
I have to use the square handled ones. I've kind of developed my own method.
The Mrs. uses a fork....

I never went in one.
I had enough "Asian" cooking in 1969, when I ate in the Victoria Hotel, in Saigon. I ordered "Duck", and found out later it was actually "Dog"pronounced by the Vietnamese waitress.

Bear
What kind of dog was it? Just curious....
They say "When you're in Rome do as the Romans do."

We use them for eating, mostly Chinese foods, and sushi. I like them because it takes a bit longer to eat your meal. Never even thought to use them in cooking. Great idea!
Al
Lots of the Cable chefs are using them now during cooking. It seems like a fad in a way but not in a way because they work. Especially for fine dinning plating....they grip better than tweezers with better reach.....

I just want to see someone pick up a beef rib.....I have eaten chopped brisket with them.......yum...

I’m chopstick ignorant too. I’m the oddball at company dinners that asks for a fork at the sushi or Chinese restaurant lol. If I can’t eat with them I can’t cook with them. Maybe as giant kabob sticks lol.

I’m chopstick ignorant too. I’m the oddball at company dinners that asks for a fork at the sushi or Chinese restaurant lol. If I can’t eat with them I can’t cook with them. Maybe as giant kabob sticks lol.
Speaking of kabob sticks...I keep threatening my wife to use her knitting needles for making kabobs... I always get this "look" from her! Lol!

Ryan

I’ve never used them for cooking, but I’ll try now. Very good argument in favor of using them and hard to believe you’re an odd duck with people who use mailboxes and old refrigerators to smoke cheese and force their families to wait on eating until there is a good photo of the plate.

But I do think eating Cheetos with chopsticks is very odd duck behavior, the cheese dust on fingers is part of the American experience.

Reactions: SmokyMose
Nope, never used chopsticks for cooking.
They are great for eating cheetos and not getting your fingers orange and when eating pickle chips outta the jar, no messy fingers! Oh, and for sushi too....
Chop sticks are the same as double dipping. Think about it.
I’ve never used them for cooking, but I’ll try now. Very good argument in favor of using them and hard to believe you’re an odd duck
But I do think eating Cheetos with chopsticks is very odd duck behavior, the cheese dust on fingers is part of the American experience.
Cheetos dust on the fingers or another anatomy part is a regular humor on the farm.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Never used them for cooking, but I learned from a young age. Was quite good with Chopsticks when I was younger. I got Carpal Tunnel related numbness in my Thumb, Index and Middle Fingers these last 20 years, making using Chopsticks, or handling small Hardware, impossible.
As is acceptable in Japan, I eat Sushi Maki (Rolls) and Nigri (Fish on a small Mound of Rice), with my Fingers.
I taught my Kids when they were young, all three can work Chopsticks like they were born in Asia.

We started the kids with this Chopstick Hack below. I will have to make some for myself now...JJ🤔😁

FNN0UWTGR0E76I2.jpg

Nope, never used chopsticks for cooking.
Chop sticks are the same as double dipping. Think about it.
Cheetos dust on the fingers or another anatomy part is a regular humor on the farm.
In full disclosure, The pickle jar is "MY" pickle jar - Maple bourbon pickles picked up from Walmart - No-one else in the hose likes them - no no double dipping fear there.

I've tried eating with them before. Had stuff flying all over. LOL. I'll stick to a fork.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky