Chop it!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
With all the pork steak post lately I was hankering for some. Went by Kroger today and wasn’t impressed by their selection. But what did I spy with my little eye? A couple packs of thick cut bone in loin chops. So I said to myself…”Self, those look like they need to go home with you.” So they found themselves in my basket cruising the aisles. What to eat with them pretty chops? Some of @Dutch’s wicked beans.
Got ’em home and coated with some Honey Hog rub and into the fridge to rest up.
44CF26C0-AB6B-4F73-9D03-F4D349E76B4B.jpeg
onto the Weber with a few cherry chunks for flavor. Had the Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq watching over everything. Let them roll at 275 degrees til i got to an IT of 150 degrees. she who must be obeyed dont want no pink. Once they hit temp I sauced em with some BBQ sauce and seared a little to set the sauce.
8465BA33-0CF3-411E-8E2D-69E32AAD0C64.jpeg
pulled to rest.
357A1989-1A7C-4A7E-AA0F-362FD651A259.jpeg
and the required plated pic. Pulled out the good China tonight. LOL. Turned out pretty good.
Thanks for looking.
Jim

Look perfect to me! Great work! I too am subject to a significant other who requires extensive examination of cut meat to determine a satisfactory “done” it makes for interesting conversations at times!

Reactions: JLeonard
Gotta Love a full plate of Pork and Beans! Nice job...JJ

Absolutely beautiful Jim!! Those chops look to die for and the whole plate is a masterpiece. Very well done my friend....just give me 24 hours notice next time you plan to do this meal :emoji_wink:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky