Chocolate Raspberry Rum Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pote05

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Joetown, MO
It's guaranteed to make you popular. Each handmade cake is rich with Dutch-processed cocoa and dark Jamaican rum. Tucked between the layers of rum-soaked fudge cake is a heavenly raspberry filling that's layered -- then iced -- with melt-in-your-mouth chocolate ganache, coated with bittersweet chocolate curls, and then drizzled with raspberry swirls

INGREDIENTS
Cake Ingredients:
1 cup pecans
1 (18.5 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 cup BACARDI[emoji]174[/emoji] Select Rum
4 eggs
1 cup raspberry jam, warmed to room temperature
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Icing Ingredients:
1 cup raspberry preserves
1/2 cup BACARDI[emoji]174[/emoji] Select Rum
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
1 ounce white chocolate

Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Sprinkle pecans over bottom of a greased and floured 10-inch tube or 12-cup Bundt pan. Set aside.

In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with instant pudding, eggs, cold water, oil and dark rum, mixing well. Pour 1/3 cake batter over pecans. Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over batter in pan. Pour another 1/3 of cake batter over melted chocolate. Spoon raspberry jam evenly over batter. Pour remaining batter on top of jam. Bake for 1 hour or until tested done when a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before removing cake from pan.

While cake is still warm, poke top of cake with the tines of a long fork and drizzle Rum Glaze over top and sides of cake.

Icing Directions: In small saucepan, heat preserves and BACARDI[emoji]174[/emoji] Select Rum. Strain through sieve to remove seeds.
Place cake on serving plate and p**** surface of cake with fork. Brush glaze evenly over cake, until all glaze has been absorbed.
In a glass bowl combine remaining chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on medium high until melted, about 1 minute. Stir until smooth. (Or heat over hot, not boiling, water until melted.)
Spoon chocolate icing over cake. Let stand 10 minutes.
Melt white chocolate and drizzle on top of chocolate icing.

This sounds really good!  copied and into the ever growing to do list.  May give this one to the wife, she's the baker!

made this over the weekend for a party, everyone love it,  thanks
first.gif

Made another one for Easter lunch.  had my daughter and that man she married over for lunch and it was a hit.   brought the rest of it to work today and everyone loves it    
xrocker.gif

Ok here is the deal - you post a great recipe and Wildflower even makes it "for my daugher and that man she married"
ROTF.gif
and no qview yet ???? Come on we need qview too.

Sounds good and is in my recipe files

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
I am starting to feel just like your post said about "that man she married"  I can feel the love !!!

Well maybe after Wildflower peels herself off of the ceiling from that sugar high she will make another and post some BEFORE pics! LOL
th_blowing-out-candles-emoticon.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky