Chinese balloon......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what the truth of the balloon is (not saying we will ever know the actual truth), it should have been shot down the instant it entered American airspace in Alaska. The Chinese made their point.

Reactions: BB-que and DougE
They had to call the big guns in!

Attachments

• 5FBAAE7D-20B1-4741-BEBB-1FA672F18403.jpeg
    5FBAAE7D-20B1-4741-BEBB-1FA672F18403.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 12
Popping the balloon with a bullet or two would allow for a slow decent in one piece.
High altitude balloons aren't inflated to the point where the they will 'pop' at their normal service altitude. The envelopes have a lot of extra room for the helium to expand (and contract) with changes in temperature and elevation. So bullet holes would only cause slow leaks. And it was a huge balloon, 30 meters across, so hundreds of 30 mm holes left by cannon fire wouldn't bring it down for a loooooong time.

Or... it could mean that our vaunted effeminate-deviant bolshevik infiltrated intelligence community did not inform the previous administration, thereby aiding and abetting communist China.

America aint what it used to be.
I'm sure they did. But since 45 was infamous for not reading his daily briefings, it probably just got lost in all the noise.

Reactions: JLeonard
I think they missed the earlier ones “in real time”. But data is cheap to archive now. So now that the know the telltale signatures to look for, they looked at the past data again and found other incursions.
multiple sources have said Trump wasn’t easy to brief but I think this would have caught his imagination had we truly known at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky