• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chimney

mario cas

Joined Dec 3, 2016
Hi all, I'm building a RF smoker with a 250 gallon propane tank, I'm really new at this, and having problems to decide the size of the chimney Any thoughts or suggestions?

fire phil

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 10, 2016
Welcome to SMF. look up DaveOmak. he has a calculator from that will help. I am build a 250gal propane RF. smoker also and it has been a mager help.

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2015

Here's one I built for my 250 gallon.  Used this plenum as I was short on 6.25" pipe.  

There's a sticky on the reverse flow thread that will give you the calculations to use.  As always check with folks on here BEFORE you start cutting and welding.  

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2015
Exhaust Calculation..

ESV in cubic inches_____________________________ ... = Stack Length in inches (36" +/-)
0.7854 X Stack Diameter X Stack Diameter

Adjust the diameter of the stack, until the proper length is achieved... be sure to measure the actual internal diameter of the pipe used..
this is for round stacks only..

.... ..  

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.