Chimney smoke at 5am & Neighbors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I live in a courtyard. It has 12 apartments within 60 feet [emoji]128514[/emoji]it's a square shape and one end is parking lot. We each have our own porch and entrance. Everyone shuts their Windows and will turn on the air whenever someone fires up the bbq. Lol

Last edited:
Got my first window slam this morning. I was just cleaning my WSM grates and water pan to smoke some jerky today. Oh well. Hadn't started smoking yet. I'll see if they like jerky. They are relatively new neighbors.

Lmao.. bummer.. I just now got a window slam about 30 minutes ago.. I fired up the ECB and the people 2 feet away shut the Windows and fired up the a.c.. lol

I'm the arrow on the left.. ECB and they are on the right. Literally 2 feet away.. lol Oh Well. I moved my ECB off to the side so the wind wouldn't blow smoke on them.

Good thing this other apartment is empty [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Last edited:
I'm fortunate that no neighbors are that close. Depending on where I park the smoker, the other properties are at least 50 feet away. I've never had a problem.

In my old neighborhood, the people two doors down loved to run their fireplace and they weren't very good at it. They smoked up the neighborhood pretty well without cooking anything.

Tried the side burner method for my cook starting late last night and that worked like a charm! Totally get the losing fuel of not doing it in the WSM itself but this method I think will get me by for now.

Good deal ! Good lookin out for those around you . What goes around comes around .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky