ChileR's bangin blueberry oatmeal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hijack73

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 9, 2020
SC, just a smidge from Charlotte
Muchas gracias to one chilerelleno chilerelleno for this one.

I went a searchin for blueberries yesterday but all Sam's had was frozen. I do not recommend a commercially frozen blueberry for this personally. It took FOREVER to set up. I stuck a probe in it at 45 minutes and it was at 108. I bumped the oven to 400 and the edges started sizzling while the middle kept on at a 'stall', so I gave it a little stir at 1 hour and at an hour and 15 minutes I turned the oven back down to 350. Total cook time was an hour and 40 minutes!!!! The milk was cold also - so that might have been the double whammy. Next time (and it's so damn good that there will be a next time) I'll at least heat the milk up in the nukerwave a little IF I'm using frozen berries, and I'll let them thaw a bit and after everything is poured into the pan I'll GENTLY fold them in.

But - as I mentioned above in my ramblings - this is phenominal stuff. I omitted the nutmeg, but I could see a scant dash being ok in this. I am really particular about nutmeg.

This is going in my dessert file under 'WINNING!"
1656881563001.png

This is fantastic! I'm going to give it a shot with some of my older clients who have a sweet appetite and a like for oats.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky