Chicken with Cream Sauce AKA Pollo con Crema.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
I decided to break out my disc and do a little Texas favorite this afternoon. I started with chicken breasts that I cut up into long strips fajita style. I also sliced a large sweet yellow onion. I then got the disc prepped and ready. Simply cooked the chicken and onion fajita style until there was no pink in the chicken. Notice I did not season the chicken prior to this as the seasoning will be added in the cooking process.

IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG

Once the chicken was cooked I added two cups of chicken stock that I made from Knorr Caldo De Pollo. Two tablespoons of Knorr to 2 cups of water. I also added 3/4 cups of heavy cream, a tablespoon of paprika, and a healthy dose of garlic powder. I brought the mixture to a boil and let it roll for about 5 minutes.

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

I then turned off the burner and added in about 1/2 cup of sour cream mixing it in slowly as the mixture cooled. This will thicken up your sauce.

I decided to do a side dish of Fideo with the chicken dish. I use the same recipe for this as I do my Spanish rice. Brown the pasta with some chopped onion in oil over medium heat. Mix in Knorr chicken stock 2 cups of water 2 tablespoons of knorr. One 8 OZ can of tomato sauce, garlic poweder, and cumin. Bring to a strong boil then reduce herat and cover for about 20 minutes. Some pretty amazing stuff here.
IMG_1810.JPG
IMG_1809.JPG

Here is the final plated dish, served with hot flour tortillas. I had a little red salsa with it as well. I felt that the tomato based sauce of the fideo really complimented the cream based sauce of the chicken. All in all a success and will be doing again.

IMG_1811.JPG

Man that meal is money!!!! The creamy chicken I am sure is beautiful combined with the tomato sauces!! Love the combo.

That looks awesome. I make Chicken enchiladas with a similar filling but I add a can of Roasted Green Chiles...JJ

Man that meal is money!!!! The creamy chicken I am sure is beautiful combined with the tomato sauces!! Love the combo.
Thank you for the kind words. The contrast in sauces was a nice mix for sure.

Fred

That looks awesome. I make Chicken enchiladas with a similar filling but I add a can of Roasted Green Chiles...JJ
No doubt there are several additions that could enhance this dish. I like to put mushrooms in it but my wife hates them so I left them out. I also like a more spicy dish but my 6 year old wont eat it so I left out chili's etc... Thank you for the kind words.

Fred

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky